The keys to financial success are knowing where your money is going, knowing how to spend, budget, save and invest. FFSC's financial management staff are trained and certified Financial Management Educators who will assist you with your financial educational needs.
FFSC financial fitness professionals provide financial counseling as well as conduct workshops on subjects such as basic money management, budgeting, car buying, consumer awareness, home buying, investment strategies, predatory lending alternatives, and savings.
Command Financial Specialist (CFS)
Command Financial Specialist are enlisted E-6 or above or W1/O1 for officers. The CFS function as the command’s principal advisor on policies and matters related to personal financial management.
To attend a CFS workshop you must be approved through your command. Qualifications of the Command Financial Specialist (CFS):
- Minimum pay grade will be E6 for enlisted; W2/O1 for officers.
- Be highly motivated and financially stable. Meet screening criteria for financial stability, as determined by examination of debt to income ratio and review of most current credit reports.
- Demonstrate competency in public speaking/facilitator forums.
- Be designated, in writing by the Commanding Officer as outlined in OPNAVINST 1740 series.
- Successfully complete the CFS training course provided by an authorized Family Center using CFS Training Courseware developed by Commander, Navy Installations (CNI) and Naval Education and Training Command (NETC).
- Have at least one year remaining onboard present command at time of CFS course.
- Participate in continuing education including, but not limited to, periodic CFS forums and CFS refresher training at least every three years.
CFS Workshops – 07:30am -4:00pm, all other classes 1:00-2:00pm
|June 7||Be a Savvy Consumer|
|June 15||Home Buying Workshop|
|July 5||Developing Your Spending Plan|
|July 12||CFS refresher|
|July 19||Master Your Credit and Defeat Your Debt|
|August 9||Financial Planning for Your Retirement|
|August 16||Car Buying Strategies|
|Sep 6||Be a Savvy Consumer|
|Sep 12-16||Command Financial Specialist|
|Oct 4||Developing Your Spending Plan|
|Oct 20||Home Buying Workshop|
|Nov 1||Master Your Credit and Defeat Your Debt|
|Nov 15||Be a Savvy Consumer|
|Dec 13||Financial Planning for Your Retirement|
|Dec 20||Car Buying Strategies|
More classes are offered throughout the region and information can be found here or call FFSC if you have questions or further information.
One Call Serves All!
24/7 Appointment Scheduling for, clinical counseling, relocation assistance, resume assistance, and financial consultations at any Navy Region Southwest FFSC call 1-866-923-6478.
Language Interpretation Services
We have staff members fluent in Cantonese and Vietnamese, intermediate in Spanish, and novice in Mandarin to assist non-English speaking family members. Other languages are available through Military One Source.
|Fleet and Family Support Center||Location: Bldg. 02308, Blandy Avenue
Hours: Monday-Thursday: 7 am-5 pm
Non-Flex Friday: 7 am-4 pm
Closed Flex Friday, Weekends and Holidays
|Gold Star Family||760-939-3743|
|Sexual Assault Prevention & Response||760-382-4008|