We are happy to have you, your friends and your family as our guests here at Naval Air Facility El Centro. We will do everything to ensure that your air show experience is safe and enjoyable. Every effort will be made to minimize delays in entering and leaving the air show.
We ask for your cooperation in keeping potentially dangerous items safely outside the base. At the entry points to the air show flight line, ALL bags will be quickly inspected and all individuals are subject to search prior to entering the air show flight line.
Amnesty boxes will be available at the front gate and at the event entrance.
The following items will not be permitted on the flight line and are subject to confiscation:
- Weapons (regardless of permit) including firearms, knives (including pocket knives and multi-tools), replica or toy weapons, pepper spray or stun guns
- Alcoholic beverages, unless purchased from approved vendors
- Remote control devices that operate on land or air (cars, planes, drones, etc.)
- Ice chests or coolers larger than 2 gallons
- Pets, other than service animals
- Illegal drugs and/or paraphernalia to include marijuana and medical marijuana.
- Flammable liquids
- Glass containers
- Bicycles, roller skates, roller blades, Heelys, scooters, skateboards, or Segway-style human transporters
- Backpacks and bags larger than 12 inches x 24 inches (standard sized)
- Laser Pointers
- Tents, Portable or temporary awnings, cabanas
- Outside food and beverages
- Umbrellas that are large sized such as golf, patio, or beach sized
The following items are permitted on the flight line. All permitted items will be inspected prior to admission to the flight line. It is strongly recommended that spectators minimize the number and size of permitted items to reduce access time into the flight line area.
- Children’s wagons (non-motorized)
- Standard backpacks
- PCS/cellular phones, pagers and FRS transceivers
- Handheld portable televisions, radios and VHF scanners
- Fanny packs and purses, or bags 8-1/2 x 11 inches or smaller
- Service animals* in accordance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Cameras and camcorders
- Bottled water
- Camera Bags not greater than 12 inches x 24 inches
- Folding chairs and lawn chairs
- Umbrellas that are small and for personal use only
- Baby food, diabetic supplies or medicine. However, these items are subject to inspection by our medical team.
- Baby diaper bags and strollers, if attending with an infant or small child (Stroller parking is available in a designated area behind the grandstands. Strollers are not permitted in the grandstand seating area.)
*If animal’s behavior poses a direct threat to the health or safety of others they will be removed from the event