Thursday, January 26 • 7:30 am-5 pm • Courtyard by Marriott at Liberty Station
2592 Laning Rd, San Diego, CA 92106
Looking for a job in child development? Join us for the Navy's Child & Youth Programs Hiring Fair Thursday, January 26th at the Courtyard by Marriott at Liberty Station. This is your opportunity to apply, interview and be hired --- all in the SAME DAY! Start your career with the Navy in the fun and rewarding field of child care. Multiple entry-level openings are available caring for youth from 6 weeks to 18 years old. The Navy has Child Development and Youth Centers throughout San Diego caring for our military children. YOU can make a difference in the life of a military child.
- Applicants age 18 and older, all levels of education for full-time and flexible direct care positions for Child & Youth Programs at all San Diego Naval and Marine installations (Naval Base San Diego, Naval Medical Center San Diego, Naval Air Station North Island, Naval Amphibious Base, Naval Base Point Loma, Main Base, Naval Base Point Loma, Harbor Drive Annex, Marine Corps Air Station Miramar and Marine Corps Recruit Depot), as well as some off-installation sites.
- Operating hours are 5 am to 7 pm and can include weekends, nights and special events
- Child & Youth Programs include all ages of care: Child Development Centers (6 weeks to 5 years of age), School-Aged Care (6 to 12 years) and Youth Centers (13 to 18 years)
- Applicants with Veterans Preference (DD214 required) or Military Spousal Employment Preference (current orders in hand) – 7:30 to 9 am. All others are welcome at 9 am.
- Includes on-site qualifications screening, interviews, NAF (Non-Appropriated Funds) Human Resources orientation, pre-drug and health screening.
- Be prepared to stay until 5 pm – tentative hire letters issued the same day! Tentative training date, Feb 17, 21 and 22.
What to Bring
- Completed NAF employment application
- Resume, photo ID card, SSN card, certifications (CPR, etc.) HS diploma/GED or college transcripts, three references or letters of recommendation (two professional, one personal) shot records, and bank account and routing numbers for direct deposit payments.
- Completed Veterans Preference (VP) form (if applicable): “Qualifying military veterans, and spouses/parents of deceased veterans shall be given employment preference over non-preference applicants if they are equally qualified.” To apply for this preference, you must:
- Provide a copy of page 4 of the DD-214.
- Complete SF15 form from the Veterans Administration (VA)
- Completed Military Spousal Employment Preference (MSEP) form (if applicable): “Qualifying military spouses may submit their request for hiring preference upon relocation to a new geographic location to which their spouse has been assigned.” (New geographic location is defined as outside the San Diego Metro area.. Example: applicants are not eligible for MSEP if the orders are from NB San Diego to NB Point Loma.) To apply for this preference, you must:
- Complete the Military Spouse Employment Preference Request
- Attach copy of your spouse’s PCS orders to the request
- Acceptance or declination of a regular Full or Part-time non-appropriated or appropriated fund position ends your ability to claim this preference. A military spouse rated among the “Most Qualified” must be hired over the following preferences.
- For more information call 619-532-2365 or 619-532-2793.