May 17-20 • NBPL Aquatics Center • 619-553-0934
Show the world what you're made of. Become a lifeguard. Register today for American Red Cross Lifeguard Training at the NBPL Aquatics Center and learn lifesaving skills to help keep people safe in, on and around the water. To register call 619-553-0934. Lifeguard participants must be ages 15+ and able to pass the pre-course swim evaluation.
1. Swim 300 yards continuous using front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both. Swimming on the back or side is not allowed.
2. Tread water for 2 minutes using only legs.
3. Complete a timed event within 1 min, 40 seconds.
• Starting in the water, swim 20 yards.
• Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 9 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
• Swim 20 yards back to the starting point with object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
Open to ALL MWR patrons. Enroll today!
Dates & Times:
May 17: 4-9 pm
May 18: 4-9 pm
May 19: 8 am-5 pm
May 20: 8 am-5 pm