Vacancy Announcement Number: OC-SW-142
Job Title, PPlan, Series, & Grade: Air Conditioning Equipment Mechanic, NA-3506-10
Location: Various Locations in the San Diego Commuting Area
Rate of Pay: $19.66 Per Hour or Appropriate Step
Opening Date: 30 July 2012
Closing Date: Open Continuous- Open Until Filled
Area of Consideration: All Sources- Relocation Expenses Not Authorized
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: This position is located in the Maintenance Division of the Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Department, in the Navy Region Southwest. The primary purpose of this position is to install, repair, and maintain the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment for facilities in the MWR Department. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Be able to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions
• Four years of general experience in the field of heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), refrigeration and refrigeration repairs is desired; EPA certified, CAT I, II, and III.
• Must possess a valid California driver’s license
• Ability to read and interpret wiring and blueprints
• Ability to communicate effectively with others
• Ability to use hand tools such as hammers, saws, wrenches, etc.
• Must have knowledge of refrigeration cycle of a commercial and industrial system to locate and checks elements such as low side and high side pressure, the temperature of the cooling units, the temperatures of the liquid and suction lines; and the running time of the various mechanisms.
• Must know the principles and theories of air conditioning and refrigeration; such as refrigeration cycle, heat transfer laws, the use of refrigerant tables, how to calculate airflow, and the pressure-temperature characteristics for the different systems in order to locate and repair faulty equipment.
• Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation. Background Investigations are conducted using fingerprint identification and completion of background inquiry forms.