Welcome to Naval Weapons Station (NWS) Seal Beach Housing Welcome Center website.
Our mission is to provide housing support for all families and unaccompanied personnel moving to or departing from the Seal Beach area. Our goal is to help service members, both unaccompanied or those with families, locate suitable, affordable and safe housing. Browse the links below or to the left to learn more about housing options and support services available to you in Seal Beach.
To get started with your housing needs, contact the Housing Welcome Center, and we will develop a personalized support for your unique requirements. Find a rental home off or on base within the Seal Beach area, or learn more about the full range of housing services we offer.
The NWS Seal Beach Housing Welcome Center (HWC) has dedicated and trained professionals with extensive knowledge and experience prepared to help you with all of your housing needs. Whether you are moving into the area or moving across town, we can help you find the right permanent housing accommodations.
If you are leaving the area we can help you with departure services to put you in contact with your new duty station and the information that will help you settle quickly at your next PCS location.
Naval Weapons Station Seal Beach does not have temporary quarters, temporary lodging, a transient facility, or Space A facility. The HWC can provide you with hotel and motel listings in the surrounding communities or you can also find hotel and motels listings in AHRN.com. For off-base hotel accommodations, see our Commercial Lodging information page.
Temporary quarters may be available at the following military activities:
- Joint Forces Training Base
For reservations, please call 562-795-2124/2128/2126 or fax SSN, Gender, Arrival & Departure Date to 562-795-2125j.
- Ft. MacArthur Air Force Inn
For reservations, call 310-653-8296.
Seal Beach Navy Housing apartments are modern, and furnished with stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, and have attached garages. Each apartment has a laundry room with gas/electric hookup. The elementary school is across the street and the beach is only a block away. We are serviced by the Los Alamitos Unified School District.
- There is an approximate one (1) to two (2) months wait for an upper level apartment and there is an approximate six (6) to eight (8) months wait for a lower level apartment. Incoming families with dogs are not allowed on upper level apartments.
- There is an approximate eighteen (18) to twenty-four (24) month wait for a four (4) bedroom apartment. You may have to wait for military family housing, please consider making alternative housing arrangements in the nearby communities.
- The closest exchange, commissary, and family services are located at Los Angeles Air Force Base, which is about 15 miles from Seal Beach, or about 25 minute commute.
- For telephone information on other school districts, contact the HWC for further information. Contact the Housing Welcome Center upon arrival for eligibility for privatized family housing.
- Do not cancel homeowners or renters insurance. Transfer coverage after you arrive.
- Short term rentals are few and expensive, plan ahead.
- Most rentals have a $200-$400 pet deposit. A limited amount of property rentals allow pets over 30 pounds and there may be a breed restriction.
- Storage for recreational vehicles is available through MWR.
- Sponsors with severely disabled EFMs in Categories 4 or 5 may be placed on the waiting list for family housing directly below the freeze zone. Contact your Housing Welcome Center for additional information.
Directions to Housing Welcome Center (HWC)
The HWC is located on NWS Seal Beach. Enter NWS Seal Beach via the Main Gate. Turn left at the first intersection, and the HWC will be on your right hand side. Please use designated visitors parking.
Dogs and cats are permitted; however, maximum allowed is 2. Incoming families with dogs are not allowed on upper-level apartments. NOTICE: Effective October 1, 2011, the following breeds are no longer be permitted in Sea Breeze Enlisted and/or Officer Housing: Chows, Doberman Pinschers, Presa Canarios, Pit Bulls (American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier), Rottweiler's, any Wolf Hybrid, or any mix of the aforementioned breeds (each, a "Prohibited Dog").
Home Buying and Selling
Buying a home is one of the most complicated and expensive purchases you will ever make. Getting the best deal on the purchase can reduce the life of the loan costs by thousands of dollars. Housing Welcome Center counselor can provide you with complete, objective and unbiased information on the home buying process. For more information, contact the HWC.
Housing Departure and Arrival Services
The NWS Seal Beach Housing Welcome Center offers a variety of services depending on whether you are arriving or departing.
Arrival Services include the following:
- Housing Needs Assessment
- Local Area Orientation
- Temporary Housing Information
- Personalized Home, Condo and Apartment Finding Assistance
- Provide Rental Listings
- Verifying Eligibility and Processing Applications for Public-Private Venture (PPV) Military Housing
- Maintaining PPV Military Housing Wait List
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Housing Check-in
- Lease Agreement Review and Counseling
- Home Purchasing & Selling Counseling (link to Home Buying page 18.104.22.168.2)
- Maps and Directions of Local Area
Departure Services include the following:
- Providing information on PPV and community housing at your new duty station
- Processing and faxing PPV housing application packages to your new duty station
Other Housing Services:
- Homeport Change Briefings and Orientations
- Tenant/Landlord dispute resolution
- Real Estate Listing Services
- Property Management Counseling
- Cost Savings & Assistance Programs (SCRA, HAP, MVP, etc)
- Telephones, photocopy and fax machines are available without charge.
Community Rental Information
The Housing Welcome Center (HCW) can assist you in finding a rental home within the NWS Seal Beach area, with a wide network of communit housing available. We are waiting to work with you and your family to find a home.
Seal Beach’s historic character, natural beauty and unique small town atmosphere has enabled it to become a quality residential community as well as a hidden treasure tourist destination. Seal Beach also prides itself on being a clean and safe place to live and visit. Part of the attraction is the sence of community and the vibrant spirit, which is reflected in the numerous events held throughout the year. Access to Seal lBeach is enhanced by being conveniently located at the intersection of the San Diego (405), Garden Grove (22), San Gabriel (605) freeways and Pacific Coast Highway. The city is also within close proximity to Long Beach, John Wayne and Los Angeles International Airports. A short drive will take you to Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm and many other favorite attractions within Orange and Los Angeles Counties.
The HWC maintains rental listings in the AHRN network, which lists rentals of all sizes, prices, and styles of homes in the area. Service members can expect to pay full BAH rate for adequate and suitable rental housing.
Please visit our Community Family Housing page for additional resources and ifnormation.